Wilmington-area organization First Fruit Ministries has joined The Dove 89.7 on the air in the past with events and volunteer opportunities. However, now they have an urgent need for volunteers as they work to care for our community in these uncertain times. Here are some specific areas in which your help is needed at their food pantry:
Back of House Team (Refrigeration)
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift medium to heavy boxes (50 lb or less)
- Communicates to the Pantry Line Team the quantity of food items to evenly distribute throughout the day.
Pantry Line Team (Sort & Serve)
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift medium boxes (30 lb or less)
- Sorts & Serves Fruits, Vegetables, dry foods, breads, sweets, cold cuts, meats.
Registration Team (Records existing and New Food Pantry Clients)
- Requirements: General Computer Skills
- Works hand in hand with the Hospitality Team to register and record data for all Food Pantry clients
- Requirements: A warm welcoming smile and good communication skills
- Sets up tent, tables and chairs, gathers drinks & snacks, encourages clients to register for Food Pantry, other community services and coordinates with Registration Team to organize flow of clients
You can sign up to help at First Fruit Ministries here: firstfruitministries.org/volunteer
Food Pantry Donations
Do you have any non-perishable food items you would like to donate? Would you consider doing a food drive? Contact Alisa Newber at 910-619-0345 for essential items needed.